Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thursday 25th October 2007

































We began our day with a visit to the High Court – the pinnacle of the Australian judicial system.

Adjacent to the High Court was the National Gallery where we saw the latest Aboriginal display. Blue Poles was a feature and there was a painting called “Water Lilies” by Monet. The students were fascinated by the plain white canvas worth over 1 million dollars.

Questacon followed. There were 6 Galleries with 150 interactive exhibits. Everyone had fun for over 3 hours. It was a fantastic way to end the Tour. The highlights were the Roller Coaster simulator and the Free Fall drop.
In the evening we had our Talent Quest. The winner was Mikaela with her rendition of "Somewhere over the Rainbow", and second place was Luke with his acrobatics. The cabin of male "models" was hilarious.


Student Reflections

Questacon was the best. So much fun – the best was the free fall. I did it 12 times. Steph

Questacon was fun. There were free fall, earthquake, and roller coaster simulators. Manny

Questa con was the best place we have visited. I especially liked the free fall because I am afraid of heights. I was so pleased I was able to face my fear.
Karissa

We went to the National Gallery and I especially liked the Aboriginal dot paintings. Natalie